Tuesday- Saturday: 10 am — 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm — 5 pm
The Museum is closed on the following holidays: Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Eve Day, Christmas Day, New Year’s Day and Easter Sunday
Seniors and Students (over 18): $7
Students under 18: $5
Active Military Personnel: $7
Children under 12: Free
New London residents: Free
Institutional members (ID required): Free
The Lyman Allyn App
Download the free Lyman Allyn app and discover the Museum in a new way. This app, featuring tours of the galleries, educational content, and location-based notifications, will provide visitors with a new way of encountering art.
Planning to visit the Lyman Allyn regularly? Visit our Membership page for information on purchasing a Lyman Allyn Membership.
Connecticut Art Trail – Visit 18 museums for $25
Discover world-class museums and historic sites on the state-wide Connecticut Art Trail and explore diverse, quality collections rich in history and heritage, including European masterpieces, American Impressionism, ancient art and contemporary culture. You determine a one-year time-frame; we admit you to 18 museums.
To see a full list of participating museums and to purchase the Art Pass, visit www.ctarttrail.org. You may also purchase a pass at Lyman Allyn Art Museum; please inquire at the Front Desk.
Free Admission Opportunities
The Lyman Allyn is a cultural, educational and community resource. In order to provide greater community access to the museum, we offer a selection of free admission options.
- Free First Saturdays
Free admission all day on the first Saturday of every month. Check our calendar for a list of Free First Saturday family programs. Sponsored by People’s United Bank.
- Library Museum Passes
Visit your local library and check out a museum pass to visit the Lyman Allyn Art Museum. Please check with your local libraries circulation desk to see how many general admissions each pass covers. Check out a list of public libraries in Connecticut here.
- Blue Star Museums
The Blue Start Museums program provides free admission for active-duty military and their immediate family members, up to five, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
- Is it your Birthday?
Receive free admission on your Birthday! It’s a little gift from us to you!
- All public areas are wheelchair accessible.
- A ramp is located at the Museum’s side entrance. Assistance is needed as the door is not automatic.
- A wheelchair accessible restroom is located on the first floor.
Museum Etiquette to Guide Your Visit
- Photography without a flash is only allowed in the Permanent Collection, unless otherwise stated. For safety reasons, tripods/monopods are not allowed.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Museum. Food and beverages are not allowed in the galleries.
- Sketch books and pencils and charcoal are permitted in the galleries.
- Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
- For safety and health reasons, patrons must wear shirts and shoes to enter.
- A reasonable distance should be maintained from the art. Touching is not allowed unless specified by particular works of art.
- Coats should be hung in the coat room. Backpacks or large satchels can be left in the coat room or with the Front Desk Attendant.