The Museum has a variety of internship opportunities available throughout the year. Students will receive a broad overview of non-profit management by completing projects in the museum’s visitor services, education, development and curatorial departments. Additional responsibilities may include assisting with summer art camps or art classes and managing the museum’s admissions and information desk. All internships are unpaid, although academic credit can be arranged for eligible applicants. Students with a background in art history, studio art, history or business are encouraged to apply.
Fall Semester Education Internship 2019 (Unpaid)
The Lyman Allyn Art Museum’s Education Department is seeking two (2) responsible, reliable, and creative interns to assist with fall programs. Interns will work directly with department staff to prepare for and assist with outreach programs, field trips, homeschool workshops, and the Museum’s bi-monthly weekend activities.
Interns will gain hands-on experience using a variety of teaching skills through observing and assisting Museum Educators, as well as through facilitating gallery activities, art projects, games, and sensory explorations.
- Work directly with the Museum’s Education Associate on Outreach Programs.
- Assist in leading hands-on workshops for the Museum’s homeschool students.
- Encourage children with art projects and helping problem solve when needed.
- Be available to work on Saturdays during the Museum’s bi-monthly family activities.
- Represent the Lyman Allyn Art Museum in a professional manner and appearance.
- Open to college students only; may count as class credit, subject to school approval. Please note that the Education Department will not be hiring any work study students this semester.
- Previous experience working with children or in art education. Applicants should enjoy working with children, be fast learners, and should be able to take initiative.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Adobe, and Canva.
- Background in Art History, Studio Art, Education, or Marketing would be useful.