Free First Saturdays
General admission is FREE on the first Saturday of every month! Come participate in our studio art project from 11 AM – 1 PM and visit exhibitions throughout the Museum.
Upcoming Free First Saturdays are:
- July 6: En plein air painting in the Lyman Allyn gardens (weather permitting)
- August 3: Make Watercolor Kites
- September 7: Sharpie tie dye t-shirt decorating
- October 5: Lyman Allyn’s 2nd annual Pick and Paint a pumpkin
- November 2: Fall luminary mason jars
- December 7: Snowstorm paintings
Free First Saturdays are made possible by Peoples United Bank.
This fun drop-in program encourages participants to explore the intersections between art and science. Each month features a different gallery learning session, mini-experiment and hands-on art project. STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics)-integrated fun at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum! All programs are free with Museum admission and run from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
Upcoming Science Saturdays are:
- July 20: Chameleon Camouflage
- Learn all about how animals protect themselves while creating your own camouflaged chameleon.
- August 17: Bouncy balls
- Come learn how polymers become elastomers when you create your very own bouncy ball.
- September 21: Black glue galaxies
- Blast off! Participants will study planets and stars as they design and decorate their own galaxy paintings using black glue and watercolors.
- October 19: Magnetic slime
- May the (magnetic) force be with you. Learn all about magnetism in this fun, sticky, and slimy workshop.
- November 16: Layers of the Earth
- How many layers does the Earth have? Learn all about it while decorating a ceramic bowl to match.
- December 21: Rainbow volcanoes
- Participants will learn about chemical reactions in this frozen rainbow eruption project.
Science Saturdays are made possible by Pfizer Inc. and Groton Laboratories.