The Lyman Allyn Art Museum is a non-profit organization which relies on volunteers to help us in a variety of departments. Each volunteer has an important role. Our overall objective is to provide a personal and positive experience to all who visit the museum. Volunteer Opportunities include the following:
- Administrative Support – Clerical duties as needed; copying, filing, mailings, data entry
- Building & Grounds – Gardening, building & grounds upkeep
- Development & Marketing – Mailings, special projects
- Education – Lead tours for adult/student groups, assist with hands-on art classes for children
- Registrar -Administrative, data entry, research, curatorial projects
- Special Events – Exhibition openings, Free First Saturdays
- Visitor Services – Front desk, hospitality, orient visitors, gallery attendant
We welcome a diverse group of individuals –including schoolchildren, senior citizens, tourists, and New London residents. The tools and skills used while volunteering at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum are sure to extend beyond the museum and generate great contributions to the community.
Join our committed corps of volunteers today!
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact Visitor Services at 860-443-2545, ext. 129, or e-mail at email@example.com to learn more.
Click here to download the Volunteer Application Form