This fun drop-in program, designed for children ages 7-11, encourages participants to explore the intersections between art and science. Each month features a different gallery learning session, mini-experiment and hands-on art project. STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, mathematics)-integrated fun at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum!
All programs are free with Museum admission and run from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm.
- March 18: Color on the Mooove!
- See how detergent interacts with food coloring and milk to make the colors mooove!
- April 15: Making straw rockets
- Participatns will learn about distance and angles.
- May 20: Under the Sea
- Come explore the ocean zones!
- June 17: Build a terrarium workshop
- A terrarium is like an aquarium, but for plants instead of fish! Come make your own mini greenhouse and learn about the Sun, the Earth and the atmosphere.
- July 15: Life cycle of a butterfly
- In this workshop, participants will learn about the stages a caterpillar takes to become a butterfly while decorating their own 3D mesh butterfly.
- August 19: Glow in the dark bouncy balls
- Learn all about chemical reactions while making your very own bouncy ball!