The museum’s hands-on art camps, designed for aspiring artists ages 5-15, provide a wonderful opportunity for children and teens to learn new artistic techniques and explore the collections. In addition to completing weekly themed projects, participants will also paint outside in the museum’s garden, develop a portfolio and tour special summer exhibitions.
- Session #1: June 24-28: Art Garden (ages 5-7)
- 8 spaces left!
- After daily nature-themed eye-spy tours throughout the Museum’s galleries, participants will explore the Museum’s grounds as they build fairy gardens and tree houses, paint parasols to beat the heat, and design mosaic stepping-stones.
- Session #2: July 8-12: Adventures in Modern Art (ages 8-11)
- 6 spaces left!
- Have you ever wanted to splatter paint like Pollock? Make prints like Warhol? Draw a portrait like Picasso? Now is your time! Participants will create their own masterpieces inspired by some of the most well-known Modern artists including Louise Nevelson, Henri Matisse, and Wassily Kandinsky.
- Session #3: July 15-19: Welcome to the Wild: Animals in Art! (ages 5-7)
- 3 spaces left!
- After daily animal-inspired Eye-Spy adventures in the galleries, participants will go on the hunt for some of the world’s most astonishing animals as they design habitat collages, sculpt creatures out of clay and paint with acrylics and watercolors.
- Session #4: July 29-August 2: Advanced Art Salon (ages 12-15)
- 10 spaces left!
- Throughout the week, students will learn from visiting local artists and complete projects designed to expand their artistic talents. In the past, participants have explored shading and perspective through charcoal drawing, studied painting composition, and mastered positive/negative space through sculpture construction. *Check back closer to start date to get a list of artists and projects*
- Session #5: August 5-9: Outta This World Art! (ages 8-11)
- Participants won’t need to go to a galaxy far, far away in order to create artwork that is out of this world! Throughout the week, we will explore how art and outer space intertwine by designing galaxy dioramas, sculpting aliens out of clay, making papier-mache planets, and constructing 3-D rocket ships.
Cost: $170 members / $190 non-members
Time: Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Signing up more than one child? Take advantage of our sibling discount! $150 for 2nd member child / $170 for 2nd non-member child. Sessions are limited to 12 children each.
Materials are provided for all workshops. Please dress for mess!
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
All sessions meet and depart from the museum lobby. Please accompany your child to and from the lobby each day.