Tour the Sculpture Trail
Experience the natural beauty of our Sculpture Trail, McCourt 9/11 Memorial Garden, and our 12 acres of lawn and parkland. Guided tours, self-guided exploration, and tours customized for a group’s needs are available.
Discover the Grounds
Sculpture Trail Map
Handouts are available at the Museum’s front desk.
Click to download a map of the Sculpture Trail
David Smalley Sculptures
1. Double Yellow, 1967, painted steel. LAAM.
2. Portal (Gate), 2004-05, stainless steel, aluminum, granite. Smalley family.
3. Five Rings Up, 2003, stainless steel. Smalley family.
4. Warlock III, 1979, painted steel. LAAM.
5. Cloud 9, 1980, stainless steel. LAAM.
6. Menorah, 1994, granite, bronze. Loan by Congregation Beth El.
7. Beacon, 1999-2000, welded bronze, stainless steel. Smalley family.
8. Warlock II, 1974, cor-ten steel. LAAM.
Lyman Allyn Sculptures
1. Allyson Holtz, Star and Sea, steel. Loan by the artist.
2. Carol Kreeger Davidson, David Goliath, bronze. Loan by the artist.
3. Alvin Sher, Altar of Decision, welded & burnished aluminum. LAAM.
4. Alvin Sher, Cat’s Cradle, welded & burnished aluminum. LAAM.
5. Alvin Sher, Sundial Font, welded & burnished aluminum. Loan by the artist.
6. Alvin Sher, Clairvoyant, welded & burnished aluminum. Loan by the artist.
7. Artist Unknown, Foo Dog, Chinese early Qing Dynasty, bronze with iron casting. LAAM.
Judy Cotton Sculptures
1. Adrift, 2018, driftwood salvaged from the CT River. Courtesy of the artist.
2. Dry River, 2018, embedded stone. Dedicated to Yale Kneeland.
Gilbert Boro Sculptures
1. Bowline Knot III, 2019, powder coated welded steel tubing. Collection of the artist.
2. Square Knot III, 2019 powder coated welded steel tubing. Collection of the artist.
For the love of art
Enjoy the benefits of membership!
- Free admission to the Museum & all exhibition openings
- Discounts on programs, classes, travel & events
- Discounts on Museum gift shop items
- Invitations to “Members Only” social events
- Free admission to ten New England museums
Memberships start at $50. For more information or to sign up, click here.