August 8, 2020 • 6:00 – 9:00 pm
Our annual fundraiser has always played a key role in providing essential support for the Museum’s daily functioning and education programs. Now, with the coronavirus crisis, we need your strong support more than ever! Our summer fête offers a lovely and delightful opportunity to enjoy renewed camaraderie and celebrate how essential the Lyman Allyn is to the vibrancy of cultural life in our area. A delicious, relaxing and fun time is guaranteed, just when we will all need it most. Please consider supporting the Lyman Allyn Art Museum in person and/or by bidding on our exciting online auction.
Even if you are unable to attend in person, the online auction is available to all regardless of party attendance! Scroll down for online auction details!
Soaring & Scrumptious: A Classy and Casual Confection – the safe outdoor version!
- This celebration will be held in the fresh air, out-of-doors, with social distancing, under a large tent in front of the Museum.
- We’ll provide festive individually boxed summer-time dinners and desserts perfectly matched with our confectionery theme. Individual servings of wine, beer and soft drinks will be provided as well.
- Peter Anton’s delectable exhibit Sweet Dreams: Confectionery Sculpture will be open for safe viewing.
- Bid on our online auction of art, objects and experiences, and Raise the Lollipop to support the Museum’s youth education program.
Register for the Online Auction
The online auction is available to all regardless of party attendance! Click below to register online to bid on your favorite auction items.
- The auction will be open for previewing beginning Saturday, August 1. Click here to preview our auction website.
- Bidding begins at 9:00 am Friday, August 7 and ends 9:00 pm Saturday, August 8.
You must be registered in order to bid!
Already registered? Click the link below to begin your bidding at 9:00 am Friday, August 7.
>>BROWSE & BID
Online Auction Questions & Answers
- How do I register and/or log in? Click here to register. Fill out the Bidder Sign Up information. You will be directed to your email to confirm your registration. Once you have confirmed, then sign back in as a bidder and continue bidding! If you are already registered and want to login in to your account to start bidding, click here. If using a mobile phone, tap the brown menu button (top right corner) and click login.
- How do I bid? You must be a registered bidder and logged in to bid on any items. Once logged in, browse the categories, select the item you would like to bid on, and enter the correct bid amount into the field provided. Click on the “Bid” and “Confirm Bid” button.
- How do I receive text message notifications? Click the option to receive text messages as you are registering, or enter your phone number under Account Details. You will receive text messages when you’ve been outbid.
- How do I know I’ve been outbid? You will receive an email and/or text message. You may also log into your account and go to My Account—Order History.
- How do I know I’ve won? You will receive an email and/or text message confirmation. You may also log into your account and go to My Account—Order History.
- How do I pay for items? When the auction closes the winners will receive an automated email inviting you to check out on your own. Please note that BiddingOwl does not capture credit cards before the sale. BiddingOwl uses PayPal as their integrated payment processing. Payments will be processed through PayPal which will accept MasterCard, Visa, AMEX or Discover, even if you don’t have a PayPal account.
- What if I bid on an item by accident? Contact the Lyman Allyn by clicking on the contact page of our auction website.
- When and how do I receive my items? Winning bidders attending the in-person fundraiser on August 8th can pick up their items after the auction closes at 9:00 PM in Glassenberg Gallery. If you cannot pick up your item that evening, you have until August 14th at 5:00 PM to pick up your items at the Museum. Please note that items will not be shipped.
Thank you to our sponsors