What are your days/hours of operation?
The Museum is open Tuesday – Saturday 10 am – 5pm, and Sunday 1 – 5 pm. Last admission to the Museum is at 4 pm.
What precautions is the Lyman Allyn taking to ensure the well-being of visitors, employees, and volunteers?
- We have increased the cleaning and sanitation of the Museum with special attention to high-touch surfaces and restrooms.
- Temperatures are being taken upon arrival using an infra-red, touchless thermometer for all visitors and staff.
- Hand-sanitizer units are stationed throughout the Museum.
- Masks must be worn by all visitors, staff and volunteers.
- Visitor capacity has been dramatically reduced and is controlled throughout the Museum.
- Gallery capacities and traffic patterns have been reassessed and signage is clearly posted to help visitors navigate the new normal policies.
- Social distancing is required and enforced throughout the Museum and grounds.
- Visitors are required to follow directional arrows placed throughout the Museum.
- Restroom and elevator occupancy has been reduced to one person or one family at a time.
- The Museum’s front desk is equipped with a plexiglass partition between visitors and staff.
Will I have to wear a mask when visiting the Museum?
Yes, face masks must be worn by all visitors six years of age and above. Disposable masks are being provided to visitors who arrive without them. All staff and volunteers are required to wear masks.
How does admittance work?
A pre-reserved timed ticket is not required. However, you may call ahead to check on Museum capacity. To aid with physical distancing and limit surface contact, we only accept debit cards, credit cards, and Apple Pay when paying for admission or merchandise. Currently, cash is not permitted. We require that visitors remain socially distanced while inside the Museum and on our grounds. Parties may remain together, and children must stay with adults at all times. A minimum six-foot distance must be maintained between all other non-family members.
Can I use cash to pay for admission or purchases in the Shop?
To limit surface contact, credit-card based payment processes are in place. Currently, cash is not permitted.
How are social distancing measures implemented in the Museum?
We require that visitors remain socially distanced while inside the Museum. Parties may remain together, and children must stay with adults at all times. A minimum six-foot distance must be maintained between all other non-family members. Signage on the floor, by way of directional arrows and gallery capacities, will help visitors maintain the required distance. One-way flow has been established to the extent possible through the galleries, and directional foot traffic is indicated on stairways.
Can visitors check personal items?
Our coat room is available for use. Backpacks and/or large satchels are not permitted in the galleries.
How often is Lyman Allyn cleaned and sanitized?
Enhanced cleaning of the Museum, including high-touch surfaces and restrooms, are conducted three-times daily.
Can group tours be scheduled?
We are not scheduling group tours at this time.