Volunteers play an important role at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum! Whether in the galleries, offices, art studio, or at special events, our volunteers’ time and talents help to provide a personal and positive experience to all who visit the Museum.
We welcome a diverse group of individuals –including schoolchildren, senior citizens, tourists, and New London residents. The tools and skills used while volunteering at the Lyman Allyn Art Museum are sure to extend beyond the museum and generate great contributions to the community.
Thank you for your interest in volunteering. Please note that we are currently only accepting volunteer applications for the position outlined below.
The Lyman Allyn seeks part-time (4-6 hours per week) Volunteer Coordinator to assist in the re-design of the Museum’s volunteer program. Please note that this is a volunteer position itself. Specific responsibilities include:
- Maintain contact with volunteer applicants to match them with the Museum’s needs
- Set-up interviews and coordinate with staff for placement
- Work with staff to evaluate applicant’s qualifications
- Orient volunteers to the Museum
- Schedule volunteers
- Create volunteer position descriptions
- Supervise volunteers in certain areas
- Maintain volunteer files and communications
- Assist in outreach to local organizations to expand volunteer corps
- Coordinate collegiate internship program
Applicant must be outgoing, demonstrate capability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, and have the ability to effectively manage a wide array of tasks, projects, and responsibilities. Please email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.