Get to know the Museum
We are not scheduling on-site group tours at this time. Please check back for new information and updates. Schools and organizations interested in participating in outreach programs should contact Sophia Gipstein Scirico, Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.443.2545 ext. 2110.
The Lyman Allyn offers many exhibitions and programs that may be of interest to you and your organization. The Education Department offers gallery tours for the general public, as well as for specific audiences, such as school children, teachers, families, senior resident groups, and museum members.
If you are interested in scheduling a group tour, please make reservations by contacting Eileen Donovan, Director of Learning and Engagement, at email@example.com or 860.443.2545 ext. 2128.
- Regular museum admission: $12 adults / $9 seniors (60+).
- The Museum offers hour-long private tours to groups with a minimum of 8 participants.
- Group admission(available for groups of 8 or more) with hour-long guided tour: $14 adults / $11 seniors.
- Museum members and New London residents always receive free admission to the Lyman Allyn. Please note that any member or resident who would like to participate in a guided tour will be subject to a $2 per person tour cost.
- Hour-long guided tours of the permanent collection or special exhibitions must be reserved with at least two weeks’ notice.
- Library passes cannot be used to book guided tours.
- One payment is required on behalf of the entire group.
The Museum offers field trips for pre-k through college level students. These immersive art experiences allow students to tour the galleries and take part in hands-on art making classes. Click here for more information on field trips.
Lyman Allyn App
If you prefer to explore on your own, download the Lyman Allyn App from the App Store for a “digital docent” experience. This app, featuring tours of the galleries, educational content, and location-based notifications, will provide visitors with a new way of encountering art.