Join us for a little bit of artistic everything during April Break!
- Animal Planet!
- Tuesday, April 14
- Participants will explore different ecosystems and habitats as they design and construct their own piggy banks out of recyclable materials and sculpt creatures out of clay, seashells, and paint.
- Mosaics, Murals, and More
- Wednesday, April 15
- Participants will design and create mosaics using ceramic tiles and glass stones and learn how to develop both individual and group murals using watercolor, tempera and acrylic paint.
- Flower Power!
- Thursday, April 16
- Springtime means the return of flowers, color and warm weather (yay!). Participants will usher in the new season by creating tissue paper flower collages and designing 3D likenesses of themselves swinging in a shoebox garden.
- Faces and Places from Around the World
- Friday, April 17
- Participants will travel across the globe and learn about other cultures in order to create their very own masks inspired by Egyptian Pharaohs and the Mexican holiday Día de Muertos.
Workshops are designed for children ages 6-12. There will be a 20 minute snack break every day. Snack is provided, but participants are more than welcome to bring their own (no nuts of any kind, please!).
Space is limited, and advanced reservations are required.
For more information or to register your child, please call 860.443.2545 ext. 2110 or email the Education Department.
Time: 10:00 am – 12:30 pm
Cost: Flat rate of $50.00 per child for all four workshops
$35.00 per child for any 3 workshops
$25.00 per child for any two workshops
$15.00 per child for one workshop
Signing up more than one child? Call to inquire about our sibling discount!
Materials are provided for all workshops. Please dress for mess!
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
All workshops meet and depart from the museum lobby. Please accompany your child to and from the lobby each day.