We are not scheduling on-site group tours at this time. Please check back for new information and updates. Schools and organizations interested in participating in outreach programs should contact Sophia Gipstein Scirico at email@example.com or 860.443.2545 ext. 2110.
The Lyman Allyn houses a fascinating collection of over 17,000 objects from ancient times to the present; artworks from Africa, Asia, the Americas, and Europe, with particularly strong collections of American paintings, decorative arts, and Victorian toys and doll houses.
Led by experienced docents and educators, our guided tours introduce groups to the Museum’s collection and special exhibitions.
If you are interested in scheduling a group tour, please make reservations by contacting Eileen Donovan, Director of Learning and Engagement, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 860.443.2545 ext. 2128. To ensure availability, please make reservations at least two weeks in advance.
- Includes a welcome to the museum and time to self-guide the galleries.
- Cost: $12 per person (adult) and $9 per person (senior).
- The Museum offers hour-long private tours to groups with a minimum of 8 participants.
- Group admission (available for groups of 8 or more) with hour-long guided tour: $14 adults / $11 seniors.
- Museum members and New London residents always receive free admission to the Lyman Allyn. Please note that any member or resident who would like to participate in a guided tour will be subject to a $2 per person tour cost.
- Hour-long guided tours of the permanent collection or special exhibitions must be reserved with at least two weeks’ notice.
- Library passes cannot be used to book guided tours.
- One payment is required on behalf of the entire group.
Guided Tour & Hands-on Painting Workshop
- Includes a welcome to the museum, an hour-long private tour of the permanent collection and a special exhibition of your choice and an hour-long hands-on landscape painting workshop. Guided instruction and all art materials provided.
- Cost: $16 per person (adult) and $13 per person (senior).