The Museum’s hands-on workshops, designed specifically for aspiring homeschool artists ages 5-12, provide a wonderful opportunity for students to explore the museum’s collections, learn innovative art techniques and make new friends. Participants will enhance their critical thinking, communication, and visual literacy skills as they explore the galleries and complete a hands-on art project each month.
- Workshops take place from 1 – 3:30 PM on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
Price Per Workshop
- Package Price (January-May)- Members $70 / Non-members $80
- Individual Classes, and December: Members $20 / Non-members $22
- February 14: Kids Around the World
- Explore the special photography exhibition Where Children Sleep and learn about how people live, play, and learn around the world. Make a game from a different country.
- March 14: Zentangle Designs
- Learn about the art practice Zentangle with certified instructor and museum Docent, Jessica Dykes. Explore pattern, design, and composition with this meditative practice.
- April- No Homeschool Day
- Stay tuned for April Break Vacation Programs
- May 9: Bug Life
- See the creepy crawlies in the special exhibition Small Wonders: Insects in Focus. Create a work of art that demonstrates a butterfly life cycle.
Are you interested in coordinating a private program for your homeschool group? Learn more about onsite group visits here.
Other questions? Email Sophia Gipstein Scirico, Learning and Engagement Coordinator, at email@example.com.