The Museum’s hands-on workshops, designed specifically for aspiring homeschool artists ages 5-15, provide a wonderful opportunity for students to explore the museum’s collections, learn innovative art techniques and make new friends. Participants will enhance their critical thinking, communication, and visual literacy skills as they explore the galleries and complete a hands-on art project each month.
Homeschool workshops will resume in September, 2022. Fall workshops will take place from 1:00 – 3:30 pm on the 2nd Tuesday of the month.
Homeschool Programs for fall 2022 take place on the second Tuesday of the month from 1:00-3:30 pm. Cost $20 Members, $22 for nonmembers. Register for all four programs and save! $70 M/$80 NM
- September 17: Amusing Art
- Explore the vibrant works featured in Sol LeWitt: Artist and Collector at Play exhibition. Then create your own “puzzling” work of conceptual art.
- October 11: Stories of the Earth
- Wander the museum grounds to see the Poetry of the Wild sculptures by Ana Flores. Build a poetry box to keep at your home.
- November 8: Sound and Art
- Study interesting instruments in America’s Instrument: Banjos from the Jim Bollman Collection while discussing the important connections between fine art and music. Think about design as you make your own poster for an imaginary music festival.
- December 13: Exploring Royalty
- Take inspiration from the fantastic works by illustrator and author Pamela Zagarenski. Paint your own storybook page with yourself as the main character!
Are you interested in coordinating a private program for your homeschool group? Learn more about onsite group visits here.