Join the Lyman Allyn for fun artful learning over Spring Break! Workshops are half-day, drop-off programs, where we explore the Museum and create art.
Each day is themed around one of the Museum’s exhibitions. This program is designed for children in Kindergaten through the 6th grade.
Spring Break 2024
- Workshops take place April 9 – 12 from 9:30 am – 12 pm
Price Per Workshop
- $22 per workshop for members / $25 per workshop for non-members
- You may sign up for one session or all four.
- Tuesday, April 9: Put the FUN in Functional Art
- Explore the Museum’s permanent collection galleries American Perspectives and Tiffany in New London. Be inspired by the decorative arts on view and design a chair for your favorite stuffed animal. Then, explore animals in art and create a pattern beetle bug!
- Wednesday, April 10: Mysterious and Magical Landscapes
- Explore the exhibition Norma Morgan in Context and take inspiration from her gorgeous landscapes. Paint a mystical landscape, try your hand at Styrofoamprints, and make a portrait of an important person in history.
- Thursday, April 11: With a Wink and a Smile
- Check out the witty and creative imagination of artist Leo Jensen. Learn about kinetic art and make your own piece of art that moves. Then, make yourself a frog friend, inspired by Jensen’s work on the Thread City Crossing (or Frog Bridge) in Willimantic, CT.
- Friday, April 12: Stories of Shoreline Inspiration
- Learn about local artist Beatrice Cuming (American, 1903-1974) and explore her reflections of the region in art. See her variety of shoreline landscapes and paintings of Electric Boat before making your own works of art inspired by the shoreline.