Tuesday – Saturday
10 am – 5 pm
1 – 5 pm
Last entry to the Museum is at 4 pm.
Children under 12,
New London residents
Admission is always free for members.
Learn more about membership.
On the first Thursday of every month, September through May, last admission is extended to 7 pm. The Museum closes at 8:30 pm.
Visit for Free
In order to provide greater community access to the Museum, we offer a selection of free admission options.
Free First Saturday
Free admission all day on the first Saturday of every month. Check our calendar for a list of Free First Saturday family programs.
Library Museum Passes
Check out a museum pass from your local library. Please inquire with your local libray’s circulation desk to see how many general admissions each pass covers. Click here for a list of public libraries in Connecticut.
Blue Star Museums
The Blue Star Museums program provides free admission for active-duty military and their immediate family members, up to five, Memorial Day through Labor Day.
Free admission to all mothers and a 10% discount in the Museum gift shop.
Free admission to all fathers and a 10% discount in the Museum gift shop.
Receive free admission on your birthday. It’s a little gift from us to you!
Connecticut Art Trail
Discover 22 museums and historic sites on the state-wide Connecticut Art Trail for only $35 ( a $120+ value). Explore diverse, quality collections rich in history and heritage, including European masterpieces, American Impressionism, ancient art and contemporary culture. You determine a one-year time-frame — we admit you to 22 museums.
To see a full list of participating museums and to purchase the Passport, visit www.ctarttrail.org. You may also purchase a Passport at the Lyman Allyn’s admission desk. Make the Art Passport the centerpiece of your next travel experience
- All public areas are wheelchair accessible.
- The Museum has one wheelchair available to borrow on a first-come, first-served basis. Please call ahead to reserve.
- A ramp is located at the Museum’s side entrance. Please ring the doorbell for assistance, as the door is not automatic.
- A wheelchair accessible restroom is located on the first floor.
- Gallery stools are available at gallery entrances to use on a first-come, first-served basis. Please inquire at the front desk if you can’t find them.
- The Lyman Allyn welcomes service dogs.