- Plastic/aluminum containers – the Museum uses disposable lasagna pans.
- You will need 1-6 pans (1 pan for each color – red, yellow, blue, green, orange, and purple).
- Paint – any paint should be fine, the Museum uses non-toxic acrylic paint.
- Straws – plastic is better than paper for this project.
- Paper – the sturdier the better as the paper will get quite wet.
- The Museum uses watercolor paper.
- Pour small amounts of paint and soap into a container.
- Remember to use one color per container.
- Start with a small amount of each. You can always add more.
- Add water and mix together.
- Using a straw, blow bubbles.
- Remember to blow out! Do not drink the mixture, it will not taste good.
- Cover the bubbles with the paper. Don’t put the paper into the water, just cover the bubbles. They will make a cool pattern on the paper.
- Repeat for however many colors you want to use.
- Leave to dry.