Channel your inner architect and create your favorite city’s skyline or create your own. Use a dark color paint to create a night time skyline, or paint each building a different color to create a rainbow city. Do not be afraid to stack, cut, and get creative!
- Cardboard rolls
- Paint brushes
- Water cup
- Paper towel
- Sharpie or marker
- Elmer’s glue, hot glue
- Collect all the cardboard rolls you want to use for your project. We recommend at least three, but you can always add to your city as you collect more tubes.
- Using your scissors, cut your tubes to create a variety of different heights.
- Paint your tubes and leave them to dry standing up on newspaper. When they are dry, you can add doors and windows.
- Once dry, play around with the order of your buildings prior to gluing them together. Pay attention to which colors, heights, and style of building are being placed next to each other.
- If using regular glue, be sure to allow the glue enough time to dry before handling your creation. If you are using hot glue (with adult supervision), your skyline will dry more quickly.