The Lyman Allyn Art Museum seeks two part-time Gallery Monitors to provide exceptional visitor service and security support. Specific responsibilities include: monitoring special exhibitions galleries, enforcing museum rules, answering visitor questions and other duties as required to enhance overall museum visitor experience. Applicant must be outgoing, have customer service skills, and a willingness to learn about exhibitions and museum activities. Must be available weekends and occasional evenings May 26, 2023 – September 3, 2023. Please email cover letter and resume to: Rebecca Dawson, Director of Communications and Visitor Services, [email protected].
Director of Operations
The Lyman Allyn Art Museum seeks an experienced Director of Operations for a permanent full-time (32 hours/week) position. Occasional weekend/evening hours required. Reporting to the Museum Director, this senior staff member will play an important role in the smooth operations of Museum. The ideal candidate has a BA in the Humanities and a MA in Museum Studies or Non-Profit Administration. Demonstrable office management in a museum environment is preferred. The successful applicant will be an energetic, ambitious, goal-oriented and a creative self-starter who possesses the ability to work both independently and collaboratively. Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration.
Reporting to the Museum Director, this senior staff member will be responsible for planning and oversight of operations of the Lyman Allyn Art Museum:
- Financial Management
- Supervise the 24 hour/week Financial Accountant who is responsible for processing financials in accordance with established policies and procedures; maintenance of support documentation as required including grant and fund records and other miscellaneous filings; organizing the annual financial audit.
- Analyze budgets and financial reports to supply Museum Director with accurate, timely and meaningful management information
- Negotiate or review as necessary a wide array of operations contracts
- Development & Membership financial records
- Coordinate and document incoming financial transactions
- Supervise maintenance of Raiser’s Edge NXT database
- Provide reports supporting Development operations
- Pro-actively develop and maintain policies and protocols for effective and efficient operations throughout organization
- File required annual governmental reports in compliance with Municipal, State and Federal regulations
- Human Resources
- Maintain employment records and administer all HR management efforts for the employment force of about a dozen full and part-time employees.
- Ensure compliance with all HR regulations and best practices
- Work with Financial Accountant to document and process payroll
- Information Technology
- Coordinate museum operations with and monitor performance of existing third-party IT support contractor.
- Buildings and Grounds
- Oversee comprehensive pro-active program of care and safe operations for the twelve-acre grounds and the two structures, including the Museum, that constitute the physical plant.
- Work with other internal and external colleagues to promote the museum, generally.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $50,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- New London, CT 06320: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)