The museum’s hands-on art camps, designed for aspiring artists ages 5-15, provide a wonderful opportunity for children and teens to learn new artistic techniques and explore the collections. In addition to completing weekly themed projects, participants will also paint outside in the museum’s garden, develop a portfolio and tour special summer exhibitions.
- Session #4: July 29-August 2: Advanced Art Salon (ages 12-15)
- 8 spaces left!
- Throughout the week, students will learn from visiting local artists and complete projects designed to expand their artistic talents. In the past, participants have explored shading and perspective through charcoal drawing, studied painting composition, and mastered positive/negative space through sculpture construction.
- Monday, July 29 & Tuesday, July 30: Life Drawing workshop with Teresa Bonillo
- Wednesday, July 31: Chinese Watercolor workshop with Eva Leong
- Thursday, August 1: Photography workshop with Sophia Gipstein and Rane Brower
- Friday, August 2: Oil painting workshop with Eva Leong
- Session #5: August 5-9: Outta This World Art! (ages 8-11)
- Participants won’t need to go to a galaxy far, far away in order to create artwork that is out of this world! Throughout the week, we will explore how art and outer space intertwine by designing galaxy dioramas, sculpting aliens out of clay, making papier-mache planets, and constructing 3-D rocket ships.
Cost: $170 members / $190 non-members
Time: Monday-Friday from 9:00 am-12:30 pm
Signing up more than one child? Take advantage of our sibling discount! $150 for 2nd member child / $170 for 2nd non-member child. Sessions are limited to 12 children each.
Materials are provided for all workshops. Please dress for mess!
Drop-Off and Pick-Up
All sessions meet and depart from the museum lobby. Please accompany your child to and from the lobby each day.