- Egg carton
- Paint palette (the Museum uses a paper plate)
- Water, water buckets, and paper towels
- Paper (we used study cardstock paper)
- Tissue paper in a variety of colors
- Pipe cleaners
- Have your parents help you cut the egg carton longways. One egg carton should make two dragonflies.
- Paint the egg carton using whatever colors you like.
- To create the wings, cut tissue paper into small squares and glue them over a piece of paper. Make sure to cover the entire piece of paper!
- When the tissue paper and glue is all dry, cut out the wings. To make the wing shape, think of an elongated “x”.
- Glue the wings to the middle of the dragonfly body.
- For the antennae, cut two small pieces of pipe cleaner and stick them into the egg carton.