- Newspaper or magazine (optional)
- Tape or hot glue
- Cardboard for base (optional)
- On your paper experiment making different types of lines and shapes.
- Once you have at least 5 pages filled, cut them up into sections. Think about how long you want your pieces to be, either one consistent length or a variety of lengths.
- Roll the strips and use a small piece of tape so the paper remains rolled up.
- If you decided to use newspaper and magazine paper, you can skip drawing and repeat steps 2 & 3.
- Using tape, or hot glue (with adult permission & supervision depending on age of artist), construct your sculpture by connecting the individual rolls.
- Try and use at least 20 rolls to create the sculpture.
- When the sculpture is done, it can be glued down to a cardboard base or left freestanding.