Check out the video below! Education Associate Miss Sophia reads “I Am an Artist” by Pat Lowrey Collins. This book pairs well with this watercolor painting activity and our resistance painting activity.
- Watercolor paint
- Paint brush
- Container for water
- Watercolor paper (if you do not have watercolor paper, any painting paper will do)
- Pencil & eraser
- Look out your window, take photos on a walk, or look up your favorite outdoor destination online.
- Sketch out your drawing first using a pencil. If you change your mind, you can easily erase it.
- Once you have your final design, begin painting. Some helpful tips to remember when you’re painting:
- Use one color at a time and rinse your brush before selecting a new one. If you want to mix colors, do it on your paper so you can keep your pallet clean.
- For a darker and more rich color use less water.
- To make the color lighter add water.
- Set your painting aside to dry and then start a new one!